TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions from time to time. These terms were last updated on 2nd March 2015.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Slice is a trading division of Engine Partners UK LLP, a limited liability partnership. Registered in England & Wales No. OC365812 and its registered office is at 60 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7RT, United Kingdom.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is made on the basis that:
- it is permitted on a temporary basis;
- we reserve the right to withdraw, amend, suspend or restrict the service or content provided on our site to any users without notice;
- you are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of and compliant with these terms.
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights in any content of the site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms and conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the site. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the site (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of materials posted on our site, however we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the Site and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded and we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the Site or relying on any of its content.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and any third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The above does not affect our liability for:
- loss or damage to your tangible property;
- claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded above;
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other fraudulent act or omission;
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
Whenever you upload material to our site, or make contact with other users of our site (where applicable), you warrant that you will comply with the content standards set out below.
You agree that, by submitting any material to our site, you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such material.
Whilst we do not pre-screen material submitted by users, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any user submitted material uploaded by you, at any time without notice to you.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below or is in any way inappropriate or detrimental to our interests or those of our clients and staff.
These content standards apply to any and all material (in whole or in part) which you contribute to our site ("contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it, including references within social media platforms.
At all times contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or defamatory of any person;
- promote violence or violent / sexually explicit material;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be reasonably likely to deceive, harrass, threaten, abuse or invade any person or their privacy;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote, advocate or assist any illegal activity or unlawful acts;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, including us;
- send any unsolicited promotional material, spam or any other material which could interfere with the ordinary operation of our site.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by:
- knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempting to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site;
- attacking our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching these provisions, you would commit a criminal offence under the UK Computer Misuse Act 1990 and may also breach legislation in other jurisdictions. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may not create links to the site from any other website, without our prior written consent, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the site, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
The site may, from time to time, include links to external sites. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org