INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
information that you provide by filling in forms on our site including at the time of registering to use our site, posting material or requesting further information such as your name, email address, address and telephone number;
information provided if you enter a competition or promotion via our site;
a record of any correspondence if you contact us, report a problem with our site or reply to blog posts;
completed surveys used for research purposes;
details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
information that you provide when you apply for job opportunities through the site.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you to:
· ensure that content from our site is presented in an effective and useable format;
· provide you, or permit third parties to provide you, with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
· notify you about changes to our service.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and will be anonymous to ensure that individuals cannot be identified.
For the same reason, we obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies, which launch when you first land our site. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size, usage patterns and user preferences;
- improve, customise and personalise our site and service according to individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We use the following cookies on our site:
Content Management System
These cookies are set by our content management system upon arrival to our site. Some of these cookies are deleted when a user closes their browser, the others have a variable expiry date.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. More information about how Google safeguards your data can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Wistia (video hosting/video playback)
This cookie is used for storing your video playback preferences and are stored for up to a year.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored on our secured servers at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Such data may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA, who work on our behalf, or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member or affiliate of Slice.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- in the event that we sell acquire or merge with any business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to a prospective seller or purchaser of such business;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Slice, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us:
- not to process your personal data for marketing purposes (by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org) we will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use (or disclose to third parties to use) your data for such purposes;
- to remove your email address from mailing lists or to remove your personal data from our list of users by contacting us at email@example.com ;
- for access to certain information held by us about you (subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with these details).
Our site may occasionally, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.